About Me

My photo
I've been cross stitching since I was a little girl, as both of my Grandmother's were passionate about it! I originally had this blog to enter some card making challenges and now intend to use it to keep track of my cross stitching stash and finishes.....

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Well, it has literally been years!!! But in the intervening period, I have renewed my addiction to Cross Stitch and (over the last week or so) have become embroiled in the lives of those of the blogging 'cross stitch community' and thought 'what a wonderful idea!' I could do that and keep track of my stitching at the same time.  It would also let me comment on some of the wonderful stuff I see out there on your pages as well....

So here goes....

What are my goals.  To stitch from my stash where ever possible.   I was far too late to join SFS, but if I can keep up with this blog, then that will be a goal from the future.  However, real life this year does not leave much funds for stash buying, so SFS is a definite goal.  I was very lucky in that my Mum bought me my current WIP.  It is Santa's Journey by Maria Diaz and my current progress (from 5th January 2015) is: -
Santa's Journey by Maria Diaz

I'm a bit disappointed with the photo as it's made the Aida seem more white than cream and so doesn't show up all of the 'snowy' detail that I've done.  I'm also stitching up lots of smalls to be made into cards as its another aim to send all handmade cards this year - photo's will follow!!

I also have two very old UFO's that are Lanarte charts that I think I must have had about 15 - 20 years.  One is very near completion and they are both on the 'to do' list for this year.  Again photo's will follow!!

One problem that I've got is by roaming through all the wonderful cross stitching blogs out there, I have come across all sorts of goodies that I never knew existed!  It seems that those of you lucky enough to live in the USA have access to so much more stash at such better prices and now I'm hooked on internet sites and ebay looking up Lizzie Kate, Bent Creek, Little House Needlework and thinking ornaments, let alone getting big ideas such as HAED, Mirabilia and Nora Corbett.  

Oh I can only dream.....

Till later

Elle x

No comments:

Post a Comment